Kjaerhus Audio Classic Chorus [Freeware]
Kjaerhus Audio Classic Chorus [Freeware]
Publié le 05/13/10 à 21:14
This review is for the Kjaerhus Audio Classic Chorus plug-in, which is a free piece of software available in VST plug-in format. You can download the plug-in from a variety of websites quickly and easily. As long as you have a VST compatible platform and a PC, you'll be able to run this plug-in without a problem. I was running it in Cubase SX and I'm no longer doing so now that I run Pro Tools. As far as the interface of the plug-in goes, it's fairly simple as is the case with all of the other Kjaerhus Audio free plug-ins. It's got sections delay time, modulation, and output, with parameters for range and fine in first section, rate and depth in the second section, and mix and level for the last section, respectively. I don't think that they even made a manual for this plug-in, but either way one isn't necessary.

For a few years before I got Pro Tools, I was running the Kjaerhus Audio Classic Chorus plug-in on a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv8000 PC lap top, and in Cubase SX 2 and 3.0. The computer had a 3.0 Ghz processor and 2 GB of RAM. I can't think of any time that I had a problem with the performance of this plug-in, as this plug-in doesn't take up too much processing power. Being that it is free, the best way to figure out if this will run on your system is to simply give it a try.

For a free modulation plug-in that is on the older side, the Kjaerhus Audio Classic Chorus actually sounds pretty good, or at least it did the job for me a number of years ago when I used to run it. I like the presets as they offer up a good showing of the versatility of this plug-in. While it may not have the pristine clarity that newer chorus plug-ins will have, it's worth downloading as a free plug-in.