D16 Group releases Devastor 2
D16 Group Audio Software releases new version of its software multiband distortion Devastor, from its SilverLine Collection series.
Devastor 2 is the second generation of D16’s first FX Plugin from the SilverLine Collection series. It is a Multiband Distortion Unit, an enhanced version of the distortion unit that can be found in Phoscyon but with full control over multiband processing.
The plug-in consists of four essential blocks:
- Dynamics-flattener module (one-knob controlled input signal compressor)
- Diode-clipper distortion
- Three multi-mode filter sections
- Optionally activated signal limiter
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper. Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type, which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters.
Also available as Rack Extension.
Devastor 2 introduces:
- Refined filter models
- Improved peak detection and more natural envelopesin Dynamics flattener
- Optional output limiter
- Tag-based preset browser
- Two alternative GUI sizes
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout
- 9 different topologies of connections for filters and the diode-clipper
Please also note that while Devastor's version 1 is now officially discontinued, lifetime activation and downloading are still guaranteed for registered users but technical support will cease after April 30 2016.
Starting October 22 2015, Devastator 2 is available as a VST/AU/AAX 32/64bit plugin. A separate Rack Extension version is also available.
Retail price is €39/$49/£32 (taxes in).
More details: http://d16.pl/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Genelec releases GLM v2 software Genelec releases GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) v2.0 for its SAM series monitors.
- 75% off London Symphonic Strings VSTBuzz offers Aria Sounds' London Symphonic Strings collection at a very discounted price with 75% off.
- ACPAD to launch Kickstarter campaign Starting tomorrow, the ACPAD's conceptor launches a Kickstarter campaign to allow developing his project.