Pro Audio DSP Dynamic Spectrum Mapper
Pro Audio DSP has released Dynamic Spectrum Mapper for Mac OS X AU (an RTAS version has been available since April).
DSMAt the heart of the Dynamic Spectrum Mapper (DSM) lies an easy-to-use single-button "Capture" system. This unique feature uses adaptive techniques to capture both the frequency-domain and dynamic characteristics of audio program, and uses this as the basis for a highly developed large scale multi-band compression process.
The DSM also includes a single-button Limiter function which has been optimised specifically to work with the compression stage.
According to DSP, fast results can be achieved for common tasks such as:
- * Loudness enhancement
* Vocal enhancement and character processing
The DSM provides multi-dimensional control over both the spectral response and dynamic characteristics of audio material, bringing a whole new dimension of facility and artistic ability to the sound engineer.
The ability to rapidly capture, modify and re-apply sound character to its own source, or to any other program, provides for novel functionality, such as:
- * Sound character mapping between whole mixes, tracks, vocal parts and instruments.
* Continuity matching.
* Character control for broadcast play out.
* Microphone proximity correction in video or film production.
* Fixing problems in difficult outside broadcast situations.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at £200, Dynamic Spectrum Mapper (DSM) is available now for Mac OS X in AU and RTAS plug-in formats.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SONiVOX MI DVI SONiVOX has announced the release of the first batch of its new downloadable virtual instrument plugins.
- Amidio, Inc Noise.io Amidio, Inc Releases the Noise.io iPhone and iPod Touch Synthesizer.
- Line 6 Pod Farm Line 6 presents the Pod Farm, a Windows and Mac OS X compatible plugin version in its famous Pod series.