Audio Pluggers K-Meter
Audio Pluggers has announced the availability of a VST version of K-Meter.
Previously available only as an Audio Unit, K-Meter provides audio engineers with loudness metering tools, helping them to create dynamic, consistent, and high quality mixes, according to Audio Pluggers.
K-Meter adheres to ITU-R BS.1770-1 and combines it with Bob Katz's K-System, having support for True Peak and perceived loudness (LKFS) metering. Combining these features with a pink noise generator for monitor calibration, K-Meter aims to give users confidence in the quality of their audio, the company says.
- Built from the ground up around the K-System.
- Upsampled (up to 4 times) "True Peak" detection that discovers inter-sample peaks.
- RMS and LKFS (ITU-R BS.1770-1) meters. LKFS meters model perceived loudness, taking into account the ear's sensitivity to different frequencies.
- High quality pink noise generator for monitor calibration.
- Clip indicators with user controlled clip sensitivity.
- Collapsible interface that occupies less screen space.
- SIMD optimizations that utilize AltiVec and SSE when available.
Pricing & Availability
K-Meter is a Mac-only plug-in available in Audio Unit (32- and 64-bit) and VST 2.4 (32-bit) formats. Both plug-ins are compatible with Intel and PPC Macs. Mac OS X v10.5.7 or greater is required.
K-Meter is currently available at a discounted price of $25.
Viewers of this article also read...
- platinumears FL4TT3RY platinumears has released FL4TT3RY, a compressor intended for use on busses, but which is also designed to work well on individual channels.
- H.E. Audio Poetic Guitar-Rainlotus (PGR) H.E. Audio has released version 1.0 of Poetic Guitar-Rainlotus (PGR), part of H.E. Audio's Poetic Guitar series of three guitar plug-ins - PGR is the one of Acoustic guitars.
- XT Software energyXT 2.5.4 XT Software has updated energyXT to version 2.5.4.