Aguilar Amplification announces that shipment has now begun for the Tone Hammer™ Preamp/D.I..
According to Aguilar, this unit (which made its debut at the winter NAMM show in January 2008) was designed to be more than just a “preamp in a pedal” and to offer more functionality than a standard D.I. or overdrive unit, as it combines a D.I., a versatile preamp, and a great overdrive.
Built to deliver the warm, organic sound that Aguilar is known for, the Tone Hammer adds fully sweepable midrange frequencies, in addition to treble and bass controls to it’s preamp section, for optimized tonal sculpting.
To give this tone shaping unit the ultimate flexibility, Aguilar introduces its proprietary Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry (AGS). AGS allows the player to kick in an additional gain structure and EQ curve with the “stomp” of a button, so bassists can now easily go from modern slap sounds to vintage warmth or overdriven tones. 18-volt operation gives the Tone Hammer enough headroom to reproduce the most dynamic playing styles.
- 3 Band EQ with fully sweepable midrange
- Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry (AGS)
- D.I. with selectable pre/post operation; balanced XLR
- 18-Volt operation via batteries, phantom power or optional power supply
The Tone Hammer™ is available now at Aguilar Dealers worldwide. No MSRP was announced.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Blackstar present the Fly 3 Bass Blackstar Amplification has unveiled the Fly 3 Bass, a bass version of its 3-watt mini-amp range.