Akai Professional MPC1000 Black
Akai Professional MPC1000 Black
stompboxjon stompboxjon

« took awhile to get the hang of »

Publié le 04/12/12 à 22:36
The black MPC 1000 is a sampling monster. I had a chance to use it on several occasions though I have never purchase one myself. I can say some of the things I like about it Is how you can layer your drums so easy. I havent seen an easier method to layer your drums on a hardware like this. You can also save all of your programs and kits so they automatically turn on right when you press the power button.

Getting started on it was difficult for me the first time because I really had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to be able to lay down some hardstyle kicks and some snares and mess around a little bit. It took a while for me to get to understand it but once I got the hang of it I loved it. The reason I wouldn’t purchase one of my own is because I don’t sample songs. I feel this is more for someone who does a lot of sampling mainly the hip hoppers. Me I just want to lay down some hard drum patterns but I can do that in software now.

Sounds of it are really good, it gives a high quality sound. Some of the older mpc provide a more “dirty” sound but I don’t feel like this one does. Or maybe it was just because I was using the standard rock kit that came on board with it. Though I couldn’t really do to much of loading my own stuff on it because it wasn’t my unit to keep . I was just borrowing it and messing around.

Overall, its great if you want to get into some sampleing and laying down some good drum patterns. I couldn’t imagine trying to do a whole song on it though. I noticed it does have a song feature but to me there just isn’t any way I could do a whole song on it. I would just do some patterns and track them out into pro tools. That is the reason I never really purchased one of these for myself.