[NAMM] Sonor Gavin Harrison Protean snare drums
Sonor introduced at NAMM 2013 the Protean snare drums, designed and signed by Gavin Harrison.
- 6-ply birch shell
- 2 sizes: 14" x 5.25" and 12" x 5"
- Hybrid Bearing Edges: Vintage round on top, modern 45 degree on bottom
- Hybrid Hoops: S-Hoop on top, special 2.3 mm Power Hoop with cutaway on bottom
- Vintage Phonic lugs
- Dual Glide Snare System
- 3 special 8 strand snare wire configurations: Straight 8 (stainless steel), EQ (bronze) and Spacer (brass)
- 8 dampening rings (light, medium and heavy)
- Remo USA CS batter head and Remo Ambassador Resonance head
- Finish: Semi gloss black laquer, chrome plated
The Sonor Gavin Harrison Signature snare is available in two editions: the Standard Edition includes the snare, a set of 3 dampening rings and 2 Protean tuning keys, while the Premium Edition adds the EQ” and “Spacer” snare wires, secured in a wooden box and a Protean case made by Hardcase UK.
See www.sonor.com for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Korg Wavedrum Global percussion synth Korg unveiled at NAMM 2013 the Wavedrum Global dynamic percussion synth with built-in sounds.
- [NAMM] Alesis Transactive Drummer Wireless Alesis introduces at NAMM 2013 the Transactive Drummer Wireless electronic drum amp and stage monitor equipped with Bluetooth technology.
- [NAMM] Alesis launches 2 electronic drums Alesis completes its electronic drum line and introduces at NAMM the DM7X Kit and iPad-integrated DM Dock Pro Kit.