Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate
nicolaizen nicolaizen

« Totally worth it... »

Published on 10/31/17 at 11:36
Audience: Anyone
I bought it as an upgrade+promotion of my 10 edition. I use a Win10 PC with i7, 64gb ram, 2xssd disks, audient i22 sound card AND Komplete Keyboard s61, 1st edition. I use it in combination with the S61, through Cubase 9 only for "home studio purposes" as a VST and not as a standalone synth for live concerts etc.
The Native Access program that comes with the bundle is the key factor for working well. Last year I had a huge problem with the older version: I had problems with the updates and the support finally (after some months of co-operation with them) suggested a CLEAN INSTALL of WINDOWS!!! I did it and everything worked OK thereafter. So, the Native Access is an update manager who checks for you licencees, gets and installs the updates. Hence there are no problems anymore with the updates and upgrades.Although the previous versions (8,9) I bought the version with the Hard Disk, in this case I downloaded the material and install it through Native Access. YouTube videos are very helpful although Steinberg is by far in front regarding these videos. Everything works fine and the collaboration with the S61 is unique. Moreover there is a collaboration with Arturia and the V5 set of VST. They can collaborate the one through the other and with the S61. This is an excellent idea for both factories. Finally sounds and effects are broaden my horizons...
If I could exploit the half of the capabilities of the Koplete 11, I could be Zimmer, or Jarre...
Pros: Excellent sound quality, large number of VSTs, effects, atc. Native Access is a must for such a company as NI and it was pity that they did not developed earlier, excellent collaboration with S61, upgraded cooperation with other VST like Arturia V5,the low price of updates for older users (i got it at 200 euros)
Cons: the frequency of new editions that makes us feeding the "industry".
I hope I helped. If you have questions or you need any info please don't hesitate.
NM

Images linked to this review

• photo