The Kush Electra EQ is now a plug-in
UBK himself has modeled its Electra equalizer module to create a plug-in version for Mac OS X and Windows.
Called Electra DSP, the plug-in offers 5 filters, the ones affecting the midrange automatically adjust the bandwidths according to the gain level.
- Low-Shelf filter fixed at 90 Hz
- Low-Mid filter with proportional Q and sweepable frequencies between 30Hz and 730 Hz
- High-Mid filter with proportional Q and sweepable frequencies between 250 Hz and 4.5 kHz
- High-Shelf filter with sweepable frequencies between 3.8 kHz and 20 kHz
- Butterworth-style High-Pass filter with 12 dB/octave slope and resonant « corner »
The Electra DSP is VST, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows, it is available for $149 and requires an iLok USB dongle. You can download a trial version from www.thehouseofkush.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SynthEdit plug-ins soon on Mac The news stayed quite confidential, yet it’s a major change that SynthEdit v1.2 is bringing: 64-bit, VST 3 and Mac compatibility!
- The Shattered Glass Audio SGA1566 in v2 Shattered Glass Audio released version mkII of its tube preamp emulation SGA1566, but beware, for you’ll have to pay to get it.
- The Ample Guitar acoustic models reach v2.0 Ample Guitar released version 2.0 for its three virtual Martin, Taylor and Alhambra acoustic guitars.