Nomad Factory BT GEQ-12
Nomad Factory BT GEQ-12
Publié le 10/14/10 à 12:12
The Nomad Factory BT (Blues Tubes) GEQ-12 is a graphic equalizer plug-in that is available in a variety of formats. There are versions for both Mac and PC and in RTAS, VST, and AU plug-in formats, so pretty much everyone should be covered here. I wasn't the one who installed the version of this plug-in that I've used, as it was already installed when I started working at the studio that I've used it in. Using the GEQ-12 is incredibly simple as it's a basic 12 band graphic EQ, with sliders ranging from 30 Hz to 12 kHz. It also has a slide for setting the size of the Q (band width) and also one for the overall output level. Graphic EQ's in general are really simple, so if you know one, you'll be able to use this one with ease. A manual shouldn't be necessary here...

I don't own the Nomad Factory BT GEQ-12 plug-in myself, and I've only used it within Pro Tools HD systems at the studio that I work at. We have a number of different studios on site, so there are a few different systems that we're running this plug-in on. The A room has Pro Tools HD running in tandem with a Mac Pro computer with 10 GB of RAM and dual 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon processors. We've got Apogee converters and a Neve 8068 console as well, so everything we hear is of the highest quality. We never really have issues running plug-ins or really with any performance issues at all, and this one doesn't tax the system in the least...

The Nomad Factory BT GEQ-12 is a pretty useful plug-in, but admittedly it's not my first choice for equalization of any kind. Most of this has to do with the fact that I'll usually use parametric equalizers unless it's a specific situation where I think a graphic EQ will work better for whatever reason. As far as graphic EQ plug-ins go, this one is definitely a nice one as it's got a nice and warm tone and offers a good amount of flexibility between the 12 bands and the band width feature. I like how easy this is to use, but if I'm looking for any sort of preciseness, this isn't going to be the place I look, but again this is primarily just the nature of the plug-in. I do think that it could be a bit cheaper as an individual plug-in, but if you get this in a Nomad bundle, it's definitely one worth checking out.