OverTone DSP PTC-2A
OverToneDSP has announced the release of the PTC-2A equalizer effect plugin for Mac.
Modelled on the classic Pultec EQP-1A, the PTC-2A features separate LF Boost and Attenuate controls, a transformer-coupled valve amplifier emulation and the control interaction responsible for the signature Pultec sounds, including the ‘low-end trick’ in which LF Boost and Attenuate controls are used simultaneously to provide tight bass boost without losing detail, according to OverTone.
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls — Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the Pultec ‘Low-end trick’.
- Physical Control Weighting — Replicates the ‘feel’ as well as the look of rotary controls.
- Passive Filters — 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage — Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage.
- De-cramped Mid-Range Filter — DSP technology models the behaviour of the analogue peak filter.
Pricing & Availability:
The plugin is available to purchase for £40 GPB.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Terry West Updates CS12M Channel Strip Terry West has updated the CS-12M Master Channel Strip VST effect plugin for Windows to version 1.69.
- InsTuner Chromatic iOS Tuner InsTuner is a chromatic tuner on iPhone & iPad which supports Fine-Tune, Instant-Tune FFT and STFT mode.
- discoDSP NightShine discoDSP is celebrating their 10 Year Anniversary by releasing the previously discontinued NightShine compressor for Windows VST.