According to its creators, TDR SlickEQ – M (Mastering Edition) extends SlickEQ’s concept into a fully-fledged stereophonic equalizer specifically developed for the audio mastering engineer.
Behind an intuitive user interface hides a large array of possibilities, with a set of musical high-pass and low-pass filters (including a low frequency “monoization” section) for detailed control over the signal bandwidth, six powerful parametric filter bands aimed at providing precise access over tone, timbre and the stereo image, and a sophisticated meta-filter that offers direct access to the brightness, hardness or equal loudness curve of a music signal.
All filters except HP and LP operate in a parallel EQ configuration. The EQ bands in particular is said to include an elaborate nonlinearity inspired by the musically beneficial side effects found in inductor filter technology. An effective auto gain mechanism automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness while operating the EQ, and semi-intelligent signal analysis options allow matching the input signal’s spectrum against a pink noise reference – or automatically setting the HP and LP filters according to the signal’s audible bandwidth.
As with SlickEQ Standard and SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition, a multirate processing scheme (a.k.a. “internal resampling”) combined with elaborate signal processing techniques ensure the signal’s integrity is maintained throughout the processing.
SlickEQ Mastering’s specs & features include:
- Intuitive, ergonomic user interface with a focus on musical flexibility
- Audio processing algorithms in a parallel EQ structure
- Six full parametric EQ bands offering spectral control over stereo width and balance
- Advanced filter nonlinearities inspired by inductor EQ technology
- Powerful HP and LP filters. Each with four distinctly musical slopes
- Dedicated Low frequency mono filter
- A Meta Filter with direct control over brightness, hardness or equal loudness contours
- Semi-intelligent equalizer actions Auto EQ and Auto HP/LP
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control
- Expandable EQ display including a realtime spectrum analyzer
- Comprehensive documentation, toolbar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and much more
- Available formats include VST, AU and AAX (32-&64-bit) for Mac OS-X and VST (32– & 64-bit) as well as AAX (64-bit only) for Windows systems
MSRP is €50, but SlickEQ-M is also available as part of the “SlickEQ Superbundle” that includes not only SlickEQ-M but also SlickEQ-GE for a total €60.
More details at www.tokyodawn.net.