Behringer FireBird GX108
Behringer FireBird GX108
yalego yalego

«  Epouvantable unchanged »

Published on 01/02/13 at 13:54
Transistor "vintage" 15w, 3-band equalizer, volume gain and that is all.

Yes it is simple and clear, but this amp is terrible, at least mine (you never know ...) treble and high mids terrifying, even with the knobs to zero (I know, turn buttons ... ) For me this amp proved unusable out of the box. I buried in the garage for several years and recently emerged to put a Celestion Super 8 to 16 euros and there, everything has changed! Finally everything but do not exaggerate the difference is obvious: now you can equalize, use combinations volume / gain to make a sound, but the distortion is not bad transistor at all, one gets nice crunch, short nothing to see. ..

I play this amp with a Danelectro Pro mainly clear sounds crunch but now they are affordable. This amp with no reverb, I joined a slapback delay with ...
My HP is new, the bass is a little box at the moment, maybe it will get better after a few days of flight, the Celestion has yet pathetic performance, gives the impression that the amp has a lot more reserves, including its clear, it's amazing, I do not know how they could make dung behind ...
It's still a good 8 inches, with its 8-inch, but now I prefer a Kustom Contender I bought two years ago ...

I have 6 years but I had hardly used since the ignominy of his. Starting today and this change of Hp, it will be used daily and even on stage surely ... To see
I've been playing 30 years, I've tried others, never worse except for a few very Novanex vintage suck and ...
+ It is lightweight, has a nice look, easy to implement
- From my point of view, without changing the amp HP is a scam, can serve as a bedside table can be ...

If we consider the 10 minutes of time spent to change the HP and the extra HP in question is still below 100 euros, it's a good value for money ...

I remake this choice, but I would have preferred that the amplifier is supplied with a true original HP, I am very surprised by the huge difference when I installed the dish the cheapest on the market.