Peavey Bandit 112 II (Made in China) (Discontinued)
Peavey Bandit 112 II (Made in China) (Discontinued)

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Peavey belonging to the Bandit series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/30/10 à 00:55
Originally written by melting-julie on Audiofanzine FR.

I own the 2007 model.

I previously had an old 15-watt Samick. So I immediately noticed the difference in output power ^^

80 watts

Very easy to use!

I needed less than 10 min. to set it, even though I'm a beginner.

I just had to take a look inside the user's manual to know what's the function of each control.

First of all, I have to mention that my guitar is no wonder (Cort G210)!

BUT: The amp is the most important component to get a good tone.

The distortion sound is just great: I don't use my distortion pedal anymore (Boss SD-1)! The distortion is quite fat: it's made for metal or big rock rather than for pop music. Even if you are not a metal freak (like me ^^) you might come to like it.

The distortion of the amp is its main pro.

Clean sound... is also good! I don't use it a lot since I heard the distortion sound. I can say the clean sound is round, soft and warm (with the switch in "warm" position).

Both switches are really cool, both in clean and lead modes. They give you a wide sound range.

Which sounds do you prefer / hate?

I prefer the distortion sound, as you might have already guessed.

Con: the speaker generates distortion when the lows are strongly boosted...

I give it an 8 because of this con and because it isn't really meant for my music style. However, tweaking the settings allows you to get a lot of different tones.

I've been using it since... yesterday.

I think I will use it for many years.

It's perfect for beginners who have been playing guitar for several years and like different music styles.

Don't hesitate: buy it!

PS: I also have the footswitch and I recommend it to all buyers.