Tech 21 Power Engine 60 1x12
Tech 21 Power Engine 60 1x12
YanDid YanDid
Publié le 08/04/10 à 06:03
This is a combo containing a 60 watt power amplifier transistor and an HP all guitar 12 inch (30cm).

No preamp, and it's the whole point of this gear.

This machine is extremely bare. On the back are the amp settings: volume, treble and midrange EQ serious.
An input jack (where you connect a preamp).
XLR output for a subculture to a mixer or chain one or more other PE60.

There is therefore no difficulty in terms of configuration, you connect the preamplifier and play. I have not even opened the manual.
Gets it sound good? Well it depends completely that it affects the preamp. Personally, I plugged my Tonelab SE, and finally I discovered the qualities of my pedals ... Until now, I plugged the Tonelab on tube amps, attempting complicated configurations, and it sounded bad, or say rather, it was difficult to control. I set sounds at low volumes, but when repeated that I pushed a little amp, such preset came out too strong, another weak, this one too bland, this one too contrasting, etc. ...
With the Tech PE60, conditions are ideal. The combo is fully transparent, and my Tonelab is rendered perfectly ... I crank the output parameter of type "line", not "amp" and it is complete happiness. While the purists will say that it does not sound quite like a tube amp, but I promise you that it sounds good, really good ... and that is 1000 times easier and lighter.
In addition, compared to a PA system, the HP guitar can really get the best sound of the preamp ...

I finally found the sounds I had programmed for recording, and this, by repeating. Pure happiness. I was a little worried that the amp is slightly off our acoustic drums (we play progressive rock) and not at all.
In terms of my stuff, I play on a Vigier Excalibur, using essentially the Seymour TB5 (bridge). If one day I will find ways to do it, I offered the rolls of amp simulators: an Axe Fx Vox Tonelab SE But it any case already top.

This is a recent purchase, but I think my opinion will not evolve further on this material. I just hope it lasts over time. I'm considering buying a second PE60, which will allow me to have one at the local, a second home, and use them both in stereo on stage.

Really pleased. Why complicate things when you just keep it simple?