Tech 21 Trademark 120
xvince1 xvince1

«  A very good combo »

Publié le 03/02/10 à 05:44
FC further notice

The manual gives a small disaine of presets ranging from SRV to Metallica via Queen, and the sounds are really good, full bodied and lots of heat. To go further, the channel equalization is dynamic, very effective and should go easy on the knobs, but it can be objectively "sculpt" a staff of high quality, especially playing on the drive and voicings, but we must spend time on it. One can also get such a great sound with clear voicing Calif. and a low drive in the spirit of an old Bassman, which does not seem obvious at first.

I love the variety of sounds it produces. It can go from crystal clear high gloss to a smooth and very musical overdrive sounds hoarse until a correct.

For my part, I play mainly blues / jazz instrumental electro. For this type of music the Trademark is interesting because it provides a nice range of sounds. In a chorus, I can spend a very clear phrasing in the aerated saturated drooling, and the amp captures all the nuances of the pick attack.

What I like best in the TM, it is of course its very good sound and all the little details that make it a very well designed amp: The stereo headphone output, DI output with the SansAmp, simple footswitch jack, the 3 independent channels, the stereo in a combo format, and the cabinet of very good quality.

Edit of 08/09/2010

I finally replaced the HP by Vintage 30. The amp has increased tremendously in the presence, in both clear that saturated. The sound is much more massive. The bass became a little more slobbery never become messy. A high volume, treble is very "singing", despite what I have read on the garish side of the V30. I also fear the big bump in the mids, but in fact you may very well fix that with the active EQ combo. Anyway, the good reputation of the V30 is not misused, it's really a very good HP.

PS: I put 10 back across to the middle.