Agile ST-802
Negens Negens
Publié le 09/10/10 à 13:06
Convinced by his little sister Ash in SX, I let myself be seduced by this very attractive features to Agile.

This stratum was made in Korea.

On opening the parcel, I was blown away by the impression of quality that is noticeable at first glance:

The beauty of the sunburst finish that covers the body in alder, pickquard 2 sheets white imitation pearl, the bridge Wilkinson wvp6 2 points perfectly well posed, the rosewood fingerboard beautiful complexion.

Back, we see the very good polishing the maple neck and mechanics are Grover. In passing, we note that the saddle is a Graphtech (excellent choice).

It is a Stratocaster with standard features they have.
3 pickups, 5-way switch, 1 volume and 2 tone. We note that the finishing of electronic components is not terrible, micro caps and buttons are very plastoc; metal studs has a rather odd color.

22 frets of the neck is topped by a head whose shape is very close to the heads of Vigier Excalibur. In my case, I adore, but I know traditionalists do not like and would have preferred a Fender or Musicman head way.
Benchmarks are plastic and are not very beautiful seen up close, but for the price, we will not complain.

Ergonomics is a stratum, it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel.
Weight is very acceptable standard and also for a stratum.

A little tuning is not plugged, and I am glad that the guitar was well set to Origin. For this price, it's really nice to see that.

The first contact with the handle got stuck. That E-XCE-Llenties!
Thin neck with a button to light radius. Well, we're not on a handle like on a highway and Jackson was not the width key of a Gibson. It therefore feels a bit cramped when you have just mentioned brands.

Wilkinson vibrato is very stable. I regret, however, strongly support system of the stem vibrato.
Indeed, this is achieved by tightening a tiny allen screws underneath the tremolo height of the stem.
Imagine yourself in a concert hall in a change tray in the dark, trying to enpapaouter the screwdriver in allen allen wrench. As if we had nothing better to do than waste his time to this ...

For audio, plug in there!

The amp is a Fender Dual Showman Red knob.
For effects, I am satisfied this time of a reverb and a delay of at Hardwire.

The first 2 things that struck me are:
- The enormous difference there is between the ash / maple and alder / rosewood
- The sound much more consistent on the Agile on the SX

The sounds are generally more modern than those obtained with the SX.
However, it reminded me by his side some of my ex Framus Start of 1964.

Looking through the handle, we note the exceptional balance between the bass and treble, and the sustain impressive.

Obviously, the sounds are very "Start"!

The micro serious is the best (or least bad) of 3 with his hand pointing directly resonant typical side SRV; This is not one that said Cador. It does not transmit the whole dynamic and frequency needed to make the guitar sing.
The medium is not as good, does not transmit a lot of character.
Acute when the microphone is disappointing to him, lack of body has too much treble, not enough dynamics, and a lower level than the other 2.

No complaints about the volume knobs and tone.

The electronics are the weak point of the guitar. The microphones are generally of poor quality, which is unfortunate because we feel that the guitar just waiting to express themselves.

Already like that, it sounds much better than many I've tested Squier. I would say that this battle with fender mexico standard and blade.
But between us, I expect him to change the pickups to have the opportunity to actually measure the quality of the violin.

Here we have a guitar and violin acastillage exceptional, but fitted with an electronic mediocre.
The quality / price is still good, even if we should add in at the end to change the electronics, and it's a choice I would do with experience.
I put a score of 7 because of electronics.

Images linked to this review