FGN Neo Classic 10
FGN Neo Classic 10
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/08/09 à 06:21
(Originally written by karlos/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Stratocaster-type guitar.

22 frets

One-piece maple neck with rosewood fingerboard (also available with maple fingerboard).

Two-piece alder body (not a three or four-piece body like other US brands)

Vintage Gotoh machine heads (same look as '57 tuners) but with locking system!

Classic vintage tremolo.

'63-type Fujigen pickup.

Mine has a white finish with a brown tortoise pickguard like depicted.

Aged knobs. Very authentic vintage finish.

The wood selection is clearly visible on the neck and the fingerboard. Excellent wood quality.

Very comfortable neck. Exactly the same shape as a Strat. Nothing to say.

Aged varnish on the back. I've played many different Stratocaster models and this neck is one the best I've ever tried.

It's smooth, fast and not too thick. Its shape feels perfect in my hand along the whole neck. Excellent.

Very low action without any fret noise... no noise (the shop assistant says it's normal for a vintage instrument)... only audible in recordings.

Fujigen developed a manufacturing patent to perfect the setting:

The pickups are very surprising... I thought I would have to change them, but the unplugged sound is so good. I never thought Fujigen pickups would provide this quality.

These pickups have a very low noise. I played with a fully cranked Mesa Boogie Lone Star and heard no buzz nor noise.

This guitar just sounds great... If you like Strat sound you won't be able to resist its sound.

The Fujigen provides one of the best Strat clean sounds I've ever heard.

This guitar has the same manufacturing and sound quality as a custom shop model. I'm not kidding.

The Mark Knopfler and David Gilmour crystal-clear clean sound is perfect.

The distortion sound has mellow lows and aggressive highs. Ultra versatile.

The pickups are very responsive and they don't limit the dynamic range, unlike some Noiseless models (I played them three years).

This guitar provides the Stratocaster sound of the 60's.

I've owned it for three months and I had been looking for such a guitar for years. If I had found it earlier, I wouldn't have bought and sold countless guitars that provided neither the looks, nor the playing feel, nor the sound I was looking for.

Users normally exaggerate about their gear, but I honestly recommend every guitarist to give this brand a try. The value for money is great.

The guitar is sold with a high-quality gig bag (its shockproof and also made by Fujigen).

Japan makes great guitars. Fujigen should be better known.

I believe they also make Steve Vai's guitars (the Jem model).

They also have Jazz bass and Telecaster models.

This Neo Classic is just excellent.