Hufschmid Guitars Helldunkel model 6 string
Sal Tine Sal Tine

« Hufschmid Tantalum T Style 6 String »

Published on 07/23/19 at 11:41
Audience: Anyone
This is my third guitar I had custom built for me by Patrick Hufschmid, the luthier and artisan from Aigle, Switzerland. For this build I had only one request, a single cut Tele inspired body with a quilted maple top. As this was my third build with Patrick, I decided to leave the color up to him. I KNEW full well it would be awesome because he is a true artisan. I also received this guitar ON MY BIRTHDAY, which was a great surprise that Patrick orchestrated!! As with my first two Hufschmid guitars, this one is also absolutely incredible. Top notch craftsmanship using top notch materials, and the result is an incredible guitar. This guitar, like my first two, is extremely resonant when played acoustically. The neck is once again PERFECTLY shaped for my hand, which to me is mind blowing because Patrick shapes each neck BY HAND, the old fashioned way, using rasps, files and hand tools. In fact,the entire guitar is HANDMADE, without the use of CNC machines. The quilt top is simply gorgeous, with a beautiful blue burst finish, that looks as if you are peering into a tropical ocean. If you are looking for a guitar that plays, sounds and looks amazing... do yourself a favor and request a build from Patrick Hufschmid. In my nearly 41 years of playing guitar, I can say without hesitation that Patrick Hufschmid creates the best guitars I've ever seen, felt, or heard. Patrick also surprised me by adding a custom star inlay on the rear of the body, which makes this guitar even more special to me! The specifications are as follows:
One piece premium perfectly quartersawn Sapele mahogany neck and body, FSC certified
Bookmatched quilted maple top, finished in Aqua Blue Burst
Premium FSC certified West African ebony fretboard, 24 frets
25.5" scale, 12" radius
Reversed 6 in line headstock w/Hipshot locking tuners, w/knurled barrel knobs
Exclusive Hufschmied "Blue Nut"
Hipshot hardware
2 Dunlop 500K sealed Super Pots, volume and tone
3 position toggle switch for pickup selection
NOS Russian FT-2 Teflon Capacitor
Exclusive Hufglow blocks fret markers, in Alien Green
Made to measure Hufschmid pickups, matte black with the Hufschmid logo
Golden cast headstock " wax seal"
Antique nickel finish Hufschmid Logo coin inlaid into the rear of the body
Hufschmid "3D Kevlar" control cavity design
15 coats of hand applied oil based varnish
Clear aerospace grade cell cast cross-linked acrylic recessed control cavity cover
Custom Star inlay on back of body
Patrick has again surpassed my expectations with this T style guitar. I HIGHLY recommend Hufschmid guitars to anyone who is looking for a completely unique HAND MADE instrument, in the tradition of the old school master builders, back when quality was more important than quantity. TOP NOTCH craftsmanship, based on over 23 years experience... I am so in love with these guitars that I have sold off all my other factory made name brands and replaced them with HUFSCHMID GUITARS!! More reviews to follow, from a Hufschmid player for life.

Images linked to this review