Jackson USA SL1 Soloist
Jackson USA SL1 Soloist

STC-Shaped Guitar from Jackson belonging to the USA Select series.

MGR/Matt MGR/Matt

« Jackson SL1-Soloist »

Published on 10/23/03 at 15:00
When I saw this guitar in the Jackson catalog, I just had to have it. I haggled with Musician's Friend over the price and ended up paying somewhere around $1150 for it with a free case!

I love the way this thing plays. The through neck, super low action, and smooth ebony fretboard make for great playability and awesome tone. The locking original Flyod Rose NEVER goes out of tune. And it's easy as hell to make this guitar scream.

There is nothing that I don't like about this guitar, except for a slight double-noting on the third string on the upper frets (16-18).

I've had this guitar for quite some time, and it's as solid as the day I bought it.

If you want a great guitar for shredding, this is the one to have. I only wish it had come with EMG's in it, the only thing I would change. All around though, a fine instrument, and it's made in the U.S., what more could you want?