< Tous les avis FMR Audio RNC1773
FMR Audio RNC1773
Anonymous

« great QPR. »

Published on 11/02/14 at 18:15
This is a stereo compressor "low budget" with all the standard functions on the front and a "Super Nice" based on the most significant.

The unit therefore has 2 inputs (left and right, the left also used mono input) TRS to carry in the same cable the raw signal to the machine and return the processed signal to the console or elsewhere for insertion, convenient and cable "Y", well done!

If you prefer to use a mono jack, so there are next to each entry dedicated output.

There is also a side-chain input, in order of ...

The device is analog and has a release button (bypass).

The device can be threaded through a Racke in the compressor and to the fixing screw which is provided to the rack.

The shell is aluminum alloy and a steel, well insulated from the manufacturer.

The set is presented very simply and comes with its power supply (9v 500 ma).

The detail that kills? with entries in the system for very inserting when the device is not powered, the audio passes through.

The interface is similar, rotary and buttons are mostly the same functions as the RNLA, so I have taken the view that I filed for that, updated to the RNC.

Please note: no on / off switch on the unit.

Configuration is very simple:

a knob treshold (-40 dBu - +20 dBu), a knob ratio (1: 1-25: 1), another for the attack and then release the knob to finish the output gain (+ or- 15 dB).

Diodes "meter" (Gain Reduction) are highly reactive and very useful.

We also find a front "Super Nice" flanked next to the "bypass" that will soften the compression, I read somewhere that the button was not used to much (I summarize) key: to be packed out such a thing, transients are more widely "respected" with it switched so depending on the material to compress mode, AC can be the difference with other references. To finish and to make dry / processed there is a bypass button, the comparison is still very noisy like the RNLA and this will be the only downside of this Device actually quite awesome.

The manual, in English, is rather simple and funky! the few councils are to follow to discover the device ..

Editing sounds is easy, a knob or button per function all quite readable in terms of screen printing.

The possibilities of this are small compressor (in comparison with his "brother" less discreet) very wide, all of which are still colorful, even if it is much softer than the RNLA.
For my part, I chose to place it on a couple of rather complex rather mild attacks (excluding drum and perceived) to the "bottom" of a LPB2 groups, while the insert. It works incredibly well and allows me not to compress the master. I use the RNLA on another couple of groups this time with the perceived and drum sounds, always in the ass of another LPB2. All sounds so very compact and mastering sound engineer look very happy, because the master remains dry so they burst.
I have not tried everything on the mix, I still do not see much use except in situations of live can be.

A voice that is "quick and dirty" but (I&#39;m voiceover) should not compare to the big gear dedicated, because it has nothing to do, it does certainly not the unit as soft market. However, I gave my last order (pub on tnt) and the customer is more than satisfied, so obviously used in very specific circumstances. But I insisted on his character, certainly softer than the other brand, but say that it is transparent, I certainly would not dare me. I do not think that is transparent compression, otherwise I do not see the point of the tool, appliances compress calmly as I say, but if it means that compress or at least it feels so neutral or transparent, I&#39;m not a certain, I would most certainly they all have each color, and sometimes the color is more pronounced, because it seems rather subjective and personal story of transparency, I have printing.

On laden sound with a very violent attack and well defined user groups acts as a super nice very marked effect on the transient, the name "super nice" rings false in this case, because the blow for my part I find the "transients" more forward with this mode even with a rather soft compression. Super nice mode, you must know what is actually a minimum, especially on groups with diverse sounds, ca can serve highly especially if the mix is ​​loaded with high attack stuff like keyboards / drums / battery. But if you go easy on it and runs well casing, this mode is unstoppable and can easily calm down a track or group without ca not hear too. On isolated (GC, CC ..) on keyboards and sound this compressor works very well, super nice way okay let attacks EP and pianos, so the natural side of the crushed roots sounds less well despite perfect management level differences due to compression.

Well anyway if you like, claps as well and for the RNLA, we can also use in design, especially on the drum sounds ("super nice" is ajar release ultra short, for example attack, then we play with the operation and the threshold ca change from "natural" to "squelch" very convincing), and spend time having fun, which is still the most important, we see not the time passing. Strangely I prefer the digital compression of DP4 for analog snares, but this is probably the preset I made myself works well on the Ensoniq, and I am no more broken head that ca with the RNC, since his place is elsewhere in my set up).

On a low was fun too, beaucuop things work based on other instruments around, and the place of this one in all it is (I found) a much softer kind pedal "mercer box", even though I did not directly comparable I know both devices and know I&#39;ll preferer the FMR and the bassist buddy Jacques Stompbox.

Sweet sounds on attacks, it&#39;s very nice, ca makes it more accessible every nuance (chorus, flange) with much more natural than ... ... not !!

Like his brother, the envelope slap well, I appreciate the speed of the attack and the responsiveness of the entire envelope, the case is super versatile, the Super Nice touch more compression make sense neutral may, if it is not "understood" also mark the transition, which is definitely a plus in some cases.

Everything is very quiet, so we remain "human" to use, I sometimes met bp hum because of the power supply of some equipment here, food, even if it is not the panacea is "clean".

The RNC is less "colorful" than the RNLA, he can probably be accused of being more transparent, but it&#39;s not what I say, except to shorten, they have a similar color and sometimes own (easy to ring the two in the same way, that I first tried) but the red and black is just more "dark" in terms of color, this one more pastel if you push the analogy.

I use it for 2 weeks and have "assimilated" in a few hours, at least in outline. I have and I had some compressors, various types and various segments.

My initial analysis is that I was easier to use without first mode super nice to me to do well because the unit for the super nice mode is actually super nice, look for it not enough to push it in all situations (the guy who insists good). This board is also indicated in the manual, it is seen.

In conclusion, and in view of the price, the unit works great, it will be difficult to recognize or notice in a mix if used knowingly (I did not say "a mix" , right), mode super nice push a little versatility and can actually make the compression more "natural" if you will, but he will have to assimilate the rendering to get the best from the camera. It&#39;s clean, versatile and cheap. If we add that it seems robust, we can only emphasize its look, if we really want to be negative!

Would recommend for the budget and / or nomadic, and why not live or studio situation, so much for the snobs who argue the opposite, good for others ..