Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter
Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter
Publié le 03/16/10 à 22:03
The Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter is two channels of an amazing sounding limiter/compressor. It is one of the fullest sounding limiters that I've used to date. I don't know what kind of connections it has since the one that I was used that was already racked in place, but it is made up of all analog components and has 6BM8 tubes inside of it. It is rackable and will take up three spaces in a traditional space.

The configuration of the Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter is very simple one. Each of the channels has knobs for reduction and gain make up, as well as switches for bypass and for choosing either output/gain reduction mode. There is also a mic/line selection switch for the entire unit. A manual isn't needed unless you're having technical problems.

As I stated earlier, the Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter is one of the thickest and fullest sounding compressor/limiters that I have used. You don't need to do much fiddling at all with it to get a great sound, as pretty much whatever you do sounds good - it's just one of those types of compressors, like the LA-2A, which in many ways it reminds me of. I like the way that it sounds on pretty much every application that I've used it on, but especially for vocals and guitars. The Vac Rac really does some great work on it's own without being complicated whatsoever.

If you own or have used the Inward Connections Vac Rac TSL-3 Stereo Tube Limiter, you must know what I'm talking about when I say how great this sounds, but for those who don't and are interested, I highly recommend trying it out for yourself one way or another. These aren't easy to come by though, as they cost a lot of money and I haven't seen them around in too many studios. You can of course buy one, but like I said it will really cost you a bit! If you're a professional looking for a stereo tube limiter, they don't make them too much better than this...