Crysonic Sindo V2
Crysonic has announced the release of SINDO V2, a major update to its hybrid stereo image expander (widener) / Narrower adding new features, a new GUI and Mac OS X support (VST and AU).
Crysonic says that SINDO V2 is a hybrid stereo image expander (widener) / Narrower with new features offering a high level of mono compatibility with minimal side effects. We're told that It enables you to dramatically broaden and 'sweeten' the spaciousness of the stereo image whilst retaining mono compatibility and not affecting the tonal character of the original sound. The Global and individually adjustable frequency 'Rotations' can be used to Pan the center stereo image without altering the mix level balance.
SINDO V2 comprises of an intuitive user interface with full automation of all parameters and features such as the ability to double click on any dial to set it to default. The fatiguing 'phasiness' found in some other processors of this type has been avoided by adhering to established audio engineering principals. Two Phase-compensated 'Hi and Low Shufflers' are also included to further enhance and improve the spaciousness without introducing unwanted artifacts.
SINDO V2's main and new features:
- ]Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary compatible (AU/VST).
- Greatly improved audio quality.
- Cross-over selection and adjustment to bias stereo separation.
- Targetable rotations per frequency range without altering mix level balance.
- True global 'pan' without altering mix level balance.
- Phase-compensated 'shufflers' for low and hi stereo enhancement.
- Three modes of operation to suit all audio material.
- Individual hi and low gain trim adjustments.
- Double click to set each control to default value.
- Press CTRL for finer adjustment.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface.
- Hybrid m / s stereo image expander and narrower.
- Transparent while retaining mono-compatibility.
- Minimum 'phasiness'.
- Retains the tonal character of original audio.
- Full automation for all parameters via the host.
- Custom and user presets.
- Low CPU usage.
- 64-bit internal precision.
- Highly optimized assembly DSP code with vectorization on the Mac OS X platform.
- Mastering, mixing, restoration, audio post production and track sweetening.
Pricing & Availability
SINDO V2 is available now for Mac OS X Universal Binary AU & VST and Windows VST formats. It has an MSRP of $69.95 but is available for the special introductory price of $59.95 until 1st July 2008. All previous Crysonic customers can purchase SINDO for $27.95.
Viewers of this article also read...
- MOTU Digital Performer 6 Arrives After much anticipation MOTU has finally released Digital Performer version 6.
- HighC 2.2 Draw your Music with HighC, a New graphical music creation software designed to provide easy access to advanced audio synthesis.
- LinPlug Releases SaxLab 2 LinPlug has released the SaxLab 2 Saxophone Synthesizer for PC. A Mac version will follow as soon as possible.