The Loop Loft Remix Competition
The Loop Loft launches a competition in which participants will remix Eric Harland's drums and Charlie Hunter's guitar.
Prizes are worth about $2k.
Download these free loops featuring drummer, Eric Harland (Dave Holland, Zakir Hussain, Joshua Redman) and 7-string guitarist, Charlie Hunter (D’Angelo, John Mayer, Frank Ocean) and incorporate them into your own original track.
Once your remixed track is ready, upload it to the official SoundCloud contest page where the public will vote to determine the 10 finalists. A panel of producers, DJs and musicians will then listen to each of the top 10 tracks and vote to determine the three winners.
- Hank Shocklee - Producer, Sound Designer, President of Shocklee Entertainment
- Mocean Worker - Remixer, Producer, Multi-instrumentalist
- Charlie Hunter - Legendary guitarist and solo artist
- Eric Harland - Multi-Grammy nominated drummer
- 1st Place: Propellerhead Balance, a SoundCloud “Pro” Account for 1 Year plus The Loop Loft ReFill Bundle (a $1,315 USD value)
- 2nd Place: Reason 6.5, a SoundCloud “Lite” Account for 1 Year plus The Loop Loft Charlie Hunter & Eric Harland ReFills (a $555 USD value)
- 3rd Place: Reason Essentials, a SoundCloud “Lite” Account for 1 Year plus The Loop Loft Indie Rock Drums ReFill bundle (a $215 USD value)
- Kickoff Date: July 19th
- Remix Submission Deadline: August 16th
- Public Voting Begins: August 17th
- Public Voting Closes: August 22nd
- Top Ten Finalists Announced: August 23rd (All-star judging begins)
- Top Three Winners Announced: August 30th
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Loop Loft Complete Takes Volume 3 Complete Takes Volume 3 is a melting pot of Brazilian, Jamaican and Cuban rhythms with pop and rock drumming.
- The Loop Loft Hip Hop Drums Vol. 1 The Loop Loft has announced a limited time offer for Hip Hop Drums Vol 1, offering 40% off the regular price.
- New Loop Loft Multitrack Drum Sessions The Loop Loft has released Funk Meets Fusion and Thick & Meaty, two new multitrack drum sessions.