[Musikmesse][VIDEO] New Universal Audio Apollos
Universal Audio introduces at Musikmesse a new generation of Apollo Thunderbolt 2 audio interfaces as well as an Apollo FireWire.
The new Universal Audio Apollo 8, Apollo 8p and Apollo 16 Thunderbolt 2 sport a new black look and share the following features:
- New generation of Apollo AD/DA converters
- Built-in UAD-2 DSP from real time processing with UAD plug-ins
- Unison-ready micr preamps and high impedance inputs (on the Apollo 8 and 8p) for preamp emulation use
- 2 Thunderbolt 2 ports (for Mac only) that allow for linking up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD cards
- Front level monitoring
- Ship with the UAD Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Softube Amp Room, Legacy LA-2A, 1176, Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs and more
The Apollo 8 (18x24) features 4 Unison mic preamp and Hi-Z inputs, 8 mono line outputs, 2 stereo monitor outputs, 2 stereo headphone outputs, 8 channels of digital ADAT with S/MUX and 2 coaxial S/PDIF channels ; it is shipping now in two editions: the UAD-2 DUO for $1,999 and the UAD-2 QUAD for $2,499.
The Apollo 8p (16x20) comprises 8 Unison mic preamp and Hi-Z inputs, 6 mono line outputs, 2 stereo monitor outputs, 2 stereo headphone outputs, 8 channels of ADAT and one LightPipe I/O switchable to S/PDIF. This UAD-2 QUAD version will ship during Q2, 2015 for $2,999.
The Apollo 16 (18x20), also expected during Q2, 2015 in UAD-2 QUAD version for $2,999, will offer 16 Unison analog inputs on DB-25 connectors, 16 line outputs on two DB-25 connectors, stereo Monitor outputs via two XLR, two digital AES/EBU I/O with optional input sample rate conversion, pre-fader input and output meters, reference level control (+4 dBu or -10 dBV) for all analog inputs and outputs.
Last, Universal Audio offers and Mac and PC (Windows 7) an Apollo FireWire 18 x 24 alternative. Like the Thunderbolt models, this version offers 4 Unison mic preamps, Hi-Z and line inputs (8 channels in total), 8 mono line outputs, 8 stereo monitor outputs, 2 headphone outputs, 8 channels of ADAT I/O with S/MUX, two S/PDIF I/O and two FireWire 800 ports. This UAD-2 QUAD version will be available Q2, 2015 for the US price of $1,999.
Full details of these new Apollo are available at www.uaudio.com/apollo.
We met the Universal Audio team at Musikmesse 2015 who introduced us to the Apollo 8 and Apollo 8p:
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Brainworx and Maag plug-ins Our team visited Plugin Alliance at Musikmesse 2015 for a presentation of the new Brainworx and Maag plug-ins.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Zynaptiq Unmix::Drums We were very curious about the new Zynaptiq Unmix::Drums plug-in announcement, so we visit the developer at Musikmesse to see what it’s all about.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Audient iD14 and ASP800 Along with its iD14 audio interface and monitoring controller, Audient introduces at Musikmesse a new version of its ASP mic preamp.