Zero 88 Frog
Zanzibar Zanzibar
Publié le 02/09/08 à 09:32
I use it in a theater, I work with a company (I am not attached to the theater). Several shows are scheduled in this room. This is not mine, so I do not operate 100% of its possibilities.

I like the ease of program submasters, very simple. For memories is a bit more complex, but it's OK. For a room with many scenes is not very flexible, but good. I think Zero88 wanted a versatile console for theater and concert.
However, when a memory or a sub is programmed and that it must change or remove it, it goes bad ... It publishes the program and is changed every two light buttons (1 in 1), if a prog has 15 bowls and want to pass values ​​from 100 to 15 !!!!! During this show quickly became stressful ....

In short, it is complete enough for the trad (a lot of features on progs), well made (it's not plastoc). Pleasant after all.

It is not very expensive for a theater or community. For an individual there may be other models or other brands more affordable.
But it made me really quite a positive effect. Note that I am not a professional.

Edit of 09/02/2008:
Here, after a little more experience and true not in the business, I can give a more complete view on this console light.
I am fortunate to work regularly with my company in this room who has the Frog.
In fact, I return to my first impression on the programming of memories. It is ultimately not very complicated. Whether it is a chaser or a scene, it's not trouble-free increments.
In fact after testing other consoles, it is quite intuitive and ergonomic, they are also the hallmarks of this console. The manual is well done and more.
So I return to my bill and put the maximum.

Likes:
- The design, finish.
- Simplicity in the programming of subs, the memories.
- Number of pages of submasters (20 x 12 faders).
- It costs very low.

I like least:
- The sound of keys (no faders eh!), Which can cause discomfort during quiet passages on stage must have when using it.
- Limited to 48 circuits. So Big configs abstain. But maybe I missed something in the manual ...