< Tous les avis Hiwatt HG50H
Hiwatt HG50H

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Hiwatt belonging to the High Gain series

Pucelle_Dabidjan Pucelle_Dabidjan
Published on 12/03/08 at 08:22
All Tube Amplifier Head with a power of 50W. Two channels can be actuated by footswitch.

The head seems finished although a little rough Tolex displease me.

(7) not revolutionize the raclette grill, but it has the merit of being simple and effective.

I was immediately surprised by the instinctual side of the machine. On the HG50 is not afraid to turn the knobs all over the place for everything and anything. Head literally invites that kind of stuff. All sounds do not, however (as was the case for the ultra lead or Budda).

Easy to grip. Missing opportunities to connect noon. The effects loop is ok. The head grows well at low volume.

(7) The non-plus is a good product, but nothing special.

As for the clean I was amazed. It's a very good head for this kind of application. The sound does not sound too thin or typing. It was the seat without it sounds too bassy and pushing a little gain it sings a very bluesy.

In crunch and distortion did not like. ZINC sound unpleasant to the ear by developing especially since the low end. Disto a very round in the end, with a little fuzz in the signal, which does not scratch at high frequencies as I do. So, I do not know how the note. Loyalty to the instrument, however, is respected. Perhaps with another guitar ...

I have not found what I was looking (good sound british)

The head is certainly a little expensive, but it is still within the limits of tolerable. However, the crunch so-so is a matter of taste. He who will fan will have a solid head with a superb clean.

(4) ouaif ...