Peavey Ultra Plus Head
Peavey Ultra Plus Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Peavey belonging to the Ultra series.

Sl!pKoRn Sl!pKoRn
Published on 08/17/03 at 06:59
All Tube Amplifier Head:
4 12AX7 (preamp) and four 6L6GC lamps (Power)

- Power: 120 Watts @ 4.8, or 16 ohm impedance selectable
- Channels: Ultra, Crunch and Clean with Footswitch (the logo on the front panel changes color ...)
- Footswitchable Reverb
- Effects Loop
- Master volume
- Clean Channel: Volume, Bright switch, Low, Mid, and High
- Crunch and Ultra channels: Gain & Volume, Gain Boost Switch, Bottom, Body and EQ Edge
- Preamp Output Jack
- 3-Position Switch Resonance
- 2 Input: High and Low Gain
- Footswitch included
- Dimensions: 11 "H x 26.5" W x 11 "D
- Weight: 50.1 Lbs

The configuration is not a problem ... No need to spend time to make adjustments to get good sound ... The manual is somewhat succinct but it has the merit of being clear ...

Well, here we go ... My amp on, the lamps warm, I start with the clean channel ... The logo on the front panel turns green, and I chipotte few chords with my Ibanez Sabre ... A bit of reverb to make the sound more air, and the result is nickel ... No complaints about the sound clean ...

Then comes the urge to let off steam a bit ... I spin a kick on my footswitch, and passes the canal Crunch ... The logo on the front turns orange, and I begin to improvise solos on blues accompaniments ... Here, again, is pure happiness, the distortion is super hot and it's really hard ...

I then decided to drop a little distortion for soloing over power peacefully ... Unfortunately, when the gain of the distortion is small, the sound becomes soft, tasteless and cold ... In short, it's worth anything ... Apparently, the distortion was not designed for that ... It's high-gain or anything ...

In fact, if I chose this amp, but rather to play metal ... I turn the channel Ultra, Peavey logo turns red ... I tune my guitar in open tuning in C, and off you go ... Ooh, the big bad and heavy distortion well ... Here we see that for which this amp was designed!

It's been four years since I use this amp ... And there is no photo, this unit addresses audiences to those who love the big tear that disto ... For others, go your way, or else, go for effects pedals ... Before this amp, I played a Marshall Valvestate ... Nothing comparable course, except that the transition from transistors to the lamps is feeling well ... Value just fine, with experience, I think I would try still more models before I decide ...