Sovtek MIG 100

« Sovtek MIG100 »

Published on 12/14/01 at 15:00
Bought from a pawn shop $200. I got it because of Sovtek's great reputation and
the great deal.

This head is absolutely BRUTAL. It is all you need, just raw power. No FX loop, reverb
, channel switching, or anything like that; just a pure 100W all tube amp. It has a high
and low gain inputs with Presence, Mid, High, Low, Master, and Volume controls.
It has a 16ohm, 8ohm, 4ohm, and line out. Power is provided by 4 5881's and preamp
is 3 12AX7A's. Modifications are easy because of its point to point wiring and their
support is very knowledgeable and helpful. It is a killer head and a great value.

It is pretty damn heavy and it uses plastic switches. I have never broken any, but for
road gigging, I put in metal ones just in case.

Construction is very solid. All point to point wired. Could probably use metal switches
though.

This is a great amp. It is just pure clean power. I love it and it is extremely reliable. It
has survived the wost road abuse. I do use a backup just because it is a tube amp
but for the 3 years I have owned it and gigged constantly. It eats my Marshall backup
for lunch. I have never had a problem. It may not be for everyone, but you have to
check it out at least. For the price there is almost no excuse not to have at least one.