Aloha 20
Aloha 20
Nours4408 Nours4408

«  A great instrument to start corect »

Publié le 08/09/11 à 18:02
It is a soprano ukulele, it therefore has 12 frets, and it is quite attractive because of its shape and color of its wood.

It is made in China, as one can imagine for that price. He does not hide it from elsewhere (the source is indicated on the label inside the sound box).

The finishes are sometimes neglected (the rosette is a simple sticker that tends to fall apart, mahogany and rosewood do not like shocks and lower the nut is poorly cut) but it remains fairly robust.

The wood is very soft, contact with the instrument is nice. It is lightweight and easy to handle. Getting started is easy, even for a person who has never touched the instrument (in my case).

The high frequencies are difficult to reach because of its size (I'm rather subjective because my fingers are far from being thin) but remain accessible.

A change of strings is better to enjoy quality sound but the strings of bases are correct. The sound is relatively good and the instrument is easily tunable for a ukulele low end.

Some sharps produce sounds a little distorted but the main agreements sound pretty accurate.
However, it produces a power of his quite impressive for its size.

I use this ukulele for almost a year and I'm still pretty happy.

This is the low end, you will not do wonders with, but to start is a good soft-touch instrument acceptable to the sounds (which become very good with a change of strings).

The finishes are sometimes a bit sloppy but it is solid and reliable. A friend gave me a ukulele soprano Chevallier in the same price range and the Aloha exceeds the level of comfort and sound.

If I had to buy a cheap ukulele is without hesitation that I would take this one. In any case I do not separate, it's still my first uke and I got attached. =)

Images linked to this review

• photo