[NAMM] Blackbird Clara wood-free ukulele
Blackbird debuts at NAMM 2014 an acoustic ukulele with an emphasis on sustainability.
The Blackbird Clara is made from Ekoa (a proprietary, renewable material) and features a patented hollow-neck design. According to the manufacturer, Clara offers the tone of vintage wood and the durability of cutting-edge, eco-friendly composite construction. The complete specs of the Clara ukulele read:
- Ekoa natural composite body
- C-shaped Ekoa neck
- Richlite fretboard with 17 frets
- Graphtech Tusq nut
- Scale Length: 15"
- Fretboard Width at Nut: 1.4"
- Fretboard Width 12th Fret: 1 3/4"
- Richlite bridge
- Graphtech saddle
- Gotoh tuning machines
- Optional Mi-Si Pickup
- Natural matte finish
- Dimensions: 24" x 7.75" x 3"
- Weight: 1.2 lbs
The Clara concert ukulele will be initially limited to fifty units with a starting price of $1150 (including a reinforced soft case).
For more info, visit www.blackbirdguitar.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] New Gretsch Roots Collection ukuleles Gretsch will introduce at NAMM 2014 five new ukuleles from its Roots Collection.
- Eddy Finn EF-22 Bamboo Ukes Eddy Finn introduces new models of ukuleles made of bamboo.
- Lâg Series 44 & Series 77 Ukuleles Lâg introduces new ukuleles in its 44 and 77 Series.