[Musikmesse] Audient introduces the iD22
Audient and SPL had the same idea this year, for they both introduce a USB audio interface and monitoring controller for DAW at Musikmesse.
The Audient module is called iD22. It can be used for audio recording to you DAW and direct monitoring control. It connects to the computer via USB 2.0 and an ADAT I/O allows for expanding with the Audient ASP008 10-channel recorder for instance.
iD22 main features:
- 2 XLR/Jack combo inputs and 6 jack outputs
- 2 microphone inputs with Class A preamp and gain controls
- 1 JFET instrument input
- 24-bit / 96kHz AD/DA converters
- 48V Phantom power on both inputs
- -10dB pads
- LED VU-meters
- Balanced insert points for connecting external audio gear
- Main and stereo alternative outputs
- Console-style monitoring controller
- Headphone out and amp with dedicated DA converter and volume knob
- DI input
- Optical I/O
- USB 2.0 class compliant port
- Software DSP mixer
The Audient iD22 will be available in july for 679€ inc.tax. You'll find more information at audient.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?