Ego Systems Inc. U46 XL
ESI announces the new U46 XL audio interface.
The U46 XL is the successor of the U46DJ interface. As its predecessor, it provides 2 stereo line inputs, a microphone input with +48V phantom power and a headphone output and now has improved analog circuitry improving the audio quality as well as the professional microphone preamplifier with XLR input.
The unit also features an instrument input (Hi-Z), typically to connect a guitar directly to it. Two totally separate stereo line inputs on the backside provide 4 simultaneously usable input channels at one time. There are also 6 independent individual outputs on the backside, usable for multi-channel playback applications like to provide individual outputs for software synthesizers, to provide independent playback channels for DJ software or to provide surround playback capability via a 5.1 setup. A separate mix output with professional TRS outputs could be used to connect U46 XL to stereo studio monitors.
A further feature is the DirectWIRE support in the driver, allowing you to record signals from one application to another internally. U46 XL works with this driver based on ESI´s EWDM technology under Windows XP and Windows Vista, however U46 XL is also Mac OS X compatible.
- Compact device in stylish white / aluminum case
- Supports 48kHz input recording and output playback with 100dB(a) dynamic range ADC / DAC
- 6 channel analog output plus separate mix output
- Microphone input with balanced XLR input and switchable +48V support
- Hi-Z input signal support (i.e. for electric guitars)
- 4 channel analog line input (4 simultaneous input channels in total)
- Bus powered (no extra power supply needed)
- EWDM driver with MME, WDM and ASIO 2.0 support; supports DirectWIRE
- Compatible to current Windows versions including Windows XP and Windows Vista, Mac OS X compatible (from 10.3)
- Includes Steinberg LE software
RRP Inc: £110.00 / €145.00
For more information click here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- MK Digital Keys - Retro Keyboard Samples MK Digital Keys is a new retro keyboard sample library by Nucleus SoundLab. This sampling of Roland's 80's MKS-20 keyboard synthesizer is available in three format packages: Reason Refill, WusikEngine, and Kontakt/EXS/SFZ.
- Nucleus Soundlab Sapphire Welcome to Sapphire, a brand-new Nucleus SoundLab patchset for Rob Papen BLUE.
- IZotope iDrum IDrum turns your Mac or PC into a simple-to-use virtual drum machine. Build patterns with iDrum's step sequencer, using included kits or your own samples. iZotope has updated iDrum to v1.70.