Line 6 TonePort UX1
Line 6 TonePort UX1

USB audio interface from Line 6 belonging to the TonePort series.

MACHINTRUK MACHINTRUK

«  A food and drink »

Publié le 12/18/10 à 04:03
My choice was motivated by the simple concept and practice of the audio interface and software provided for guitarists.
I use a PC and Ableton Live.
I use it as a working tool for guitar.
My PC is pretty standard cofig Athlon x2 4GB ram ....

The driver is not stable and crashes are frequent, worse I wanted to use this sound card with another modeling software more powerful and impossible to run my sequencer simultaneously! It's either one or the other and each time the card crashes, I have to redefine the driver (ASIO). I have not found a solution to this problem for now but that is glaring is the lack of power of the UX1.

I can record a track at a time.
Latency is large enough (44.5 ms) in standard setting I can still reduce it to about half which is quite satisfactory, but it is the fairest and solely for the use of POD and a record at a time. Anyway I always hang I record an echo, and yet the POD FARM does not look too resource intensive.

On the POD Farm, it is very easy to use the models are quite convincing. s

GETTING STARTED

Installation is easy, it remains to make the adjustment with the sequencer.

I use it for six months

I could test the PEAVEY ReValver and POD Farm can get dressed but not all the same price range. The UX1 is clearly aimed at amateur ...
Is that I like most is the ease of use, good quality recordings, you connect, play, great.

Is my least favorite: the lack of stability Latency hang recording, The case of the sound card is the epitome is that we should not do, flashy, quality Manufacturing disgusting! GUI software POD Farm looks like a toy.
The value for money is not bad but we pay particular software to the detriment of the quality of the sound card.
If I had to buy one, I'll try to find an equivalent of best quality and with soft leaves separated from the interface to be more expensive.

5 / 10 software nice but mediocre sound card.