M-Audio Fast Track Pro
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Fast Track series.

robofox robofox
Publié le 09/22/10 à 13:40
I chose it because I was looking for a sound card and a MIDI menu and I did not need a lot of entries. I also was looking for a USB (not Firewire)

I use it in a home studio and a little DJ from an iMac or a laptop Windows XP

In home studio, she is connected to a GEM keyboard input for sound and especially for MIDI
Output monitoring it feeds 2 Yamaha and a headphone.

It has 2 pairs of audio output (RCA format) + a headphone jack with volume control and output assignment
There is also a setting to mix between the sound made on the audio inputs and the return PC (Direct Monitoring)
And of course there is a gain adjustment on each of the 2 audio inputs (which are formatted or XLR jack).
There is also an input / output S / PDIF and 2 inserts but I never used.
The DAW I use is Ableton Live, with no worries.

Drivers stable home, do not hesitate to get good versions on the site of m-audio.
I never save more than one track at a time.
Latency in Live

GETTING STARTED

Installation OK (Live in imac without installing anything)
On my PC (XP) a little annoying point: once installed, it must always connect the same USB port otherwise it is not recognized.
The driver is simple to configure. In PC is ASIO compatible.

I use it for 4 years and intensified over the past 1 1 / 2 year

The value for money looks good to me.

The preamps are weak people it seems from other users but I use just the audio, it does not bother me.
The headphone lacks a bit of fishing.

The A / D converter seems ok to me, anyway it sounds good on the external speakers.

I recommend it for personal use: all in one solution, if not need much I / O, ease of use (you plug a USB cable and that's enough).

Last thing at the time of my purchase, there was with Ableton Live Lite software offered and guitar (Guitar Rig I think)