RME Ships the Ladyface
RME's special Babyface edition, the Ladyface, has started shipping
Custom-tailored for the Japanese and other Asian markets, it is now also available worldwide from all RME distributors.
The Ladyface is fully identical to the RME Babyface, all features and drivers are the same. It features a solid aluminum case in a color combination of glossy white and pink. The manga-style Ladyface package includes a white carry bag plus white USB and breakout cables. The special edition also adds a white HiFi breakout cable with four unbalanced golden RCA connectors to the included balanced breakout cable having XLR connectors.
The bus-powered USB audio interface provides 22-channels and 92 kHz AD- and DA-converters, including two microphone preamps.
The Ladyface comes with two analog recording channels and four analog playback channels, plus ADAT and MIDI I/O. It combines an analog circuit design with AD/DA converter chips.
Both digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power. All level settings are recallable by software and can be adjusted directly at the unit.
The feature set includes a digital I/O with up to 192 kHz support, alternatively usable as ADAT port or optical SPDIF I/O. In combination with an ADAT converter the Ladyface provides 10 analog input and 12 analog output channels.
The headphone output, driven from an extra DA converter, provides 192 kHz sound experience, and is available directly at the unit as well as on the breakout cable.
The additional instrument input - directly at the side of the unit - allows the recording of any instrument, like a guitar or bass guitar, without other external hardware, by switching one analog input to Hi-Z mode.
With one main control knob and two single buttons the Ladyface acts as direct desktop control for studio tasks: volume control, reference volume store and recall, volume dim, input selection/switching and input gain control.
The Ladyface connects to the USB 2.0 bus, but is also compatible to USB 3 chipsets.
The Ladyface integrates TotalMix FX. The latest generation of RME’s DSP hardware mixer works with an internal resolution of 46 bit, and adds effects like a 3-band parametric equalizer, reverb and echo to the mix.
The Ladyface provides unlimited operation already on USB bus power. An external power supply is optionally available.
- 10 Input / 12 Output channels
- 2 x analog I/O with line and mic level, balanced or unbalanced
- 2 x digitally controlled mic preamps
- 4 x analog output with the technology from RME's high-end M-series converter
- 1 input channel alternatively usable as Hi-Z instrument input
- 1 x ADAT I/O (usable as 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Phones Out (separate DA conversion)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Bus-powered operation
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os
- SteadyClock for jitter suppression and clock refresh
- TotalMix FX: Integrated mixer with effects and 46-bit internal resolution
- Hardware calculated Level Meters Peak/RMS
- Includes DIGICheck - RME's metering and analysis toolbox
- Includes "Ladybag" and white USB and extension cables
- Includes a balanced cable with XLR (black) and a unbalanced cable (white) with RCA connectors
Product website: www.rme-audio.de
Viewers of this article also read...
- Platinumloops Releases Orchestral Hip Hop Sample Pack These orchestral loops are designed for Hip Hop with 10 song construction kits and a total of 118 audio loops.
- Platinumloops Big Bad Basslines Big Bad Basslines v1 comes with bass riffs, drums, synth riffs and melodic hooks.
- Platinumloops Killa Dubstep With this collection, Platinum Loops promise "8-bit chip-synths for melodic intros" and "an assortment of bass mashing techniques."