Sony Vegas Pro 11
Sony Creative Software has announced the latest upgrade to its Vegas editing technology.
Vegas Pro 11 adds changes to the NLE, courtesy of OpenCL and GPU hardware acceleration for video processing and rendering. Vegas Pro 11 is the first Windows-based OpenCL NLE, supporting the open standard for core video editing operations, video effects and rendering. Other new features include NVIDIA 3D Vision support for single-display 3D computers such as the VAIO F Series 3D laptops and L Series 3D desktops, a new video stabilizer tool, and new software tools for creating animated titles.
Vegas Pro 11 Feature Highlights:
- GPU Accelerated Video Processing — Working with OpenCL-supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 11 leverages GPU acceleration for the core video processing engine, video effects, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, track motion and encoding. Details regarding these improved processes can be found at sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/gpuacceleration.
- Sync Link — This editing feature enables users to organize and synchronize events on the timeline. Secondary audio and B-roll video clips can be edited independently of each other while remaining in sync with the primary clip.
- 2D and 3D Text Tools — Create dynamic text animations and effects within Vegas Pro 11. Add 3D titles with the new Titler Pro from NewBlueFX. Users can manipulate text down to the character level and on the X, Y, and Z axes. Stylized 2D motion can be applied to text events using the Titles and Text tool or with the new ProType titler.
- Video Stabilization — Featuring motion analysis on all three camera axes, this new stabilization technology is designed to allowusers to reduce jittery or shaky video caused by handheld recording devices, as well as eliminating rolling shutter problems inherent in most CMOS camera imagers. Stabilization is now implemented as an OpenFX plug-in.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Support — Users can now edit on single-display 3D computers including VAIO F Series 3D laptops and VAIO L Series All-in-One 3D desktop systems.
- New Render Template Filtering — New render dialogs create a new environment for searching and filtering render templates.
Vegas Pro 11 can handle projects with multiple formats and mixed resolutions, from standard definition to 4K.
Price & Availability
Vegas Pro 11 is now available for purchase at retailers worldwide and online at www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for Vegas Pro 11 software is $699. Upgrades from previous versions of Vegas Pro will be available for $199 from www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Localized French, German, Spanish and Japanese versions will also be available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sony Updates Vegas Pro Sony Creative Software has updated Vegas Pro to version 10.0e.
- Apple Final Cut Pro X Apple has announced the release of Final Cut Pro X, a new version of the video editing software which Apple says "reinvents video editing with a Magnetic Timeline that lets you edit on a trackless canvas; Content Auto-Analysis that categorizes your content upon import by shot type, media and people; and background rendering that allows you to work without interruption".
- ArKaos Releases GrandVJ 1.5 ArKaos, provider of technology for live visual performances, announces the release of GrandVJ 1.5, which includes new features and enhancements.