AcousticsampleS has announced the release of Kawai-EX, a Kontakt format sample Library of a 9-foot Kawai EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
- This Library is the result of a collaboration with Lance Herring.
Features / details:
- 17.49 GB sample bank. No loops. Recorded at 24-Bit / 48 Khz.
- 5 "pedal up" layers; 5 "pedal down" layers; 15 release samples per note.
- Multiple mic position and mixing from the interface.
- Multiple releases depending on time. They have been carefully picked up for each note to really reproduce the real mechanical behaviour of a note.
- Sympathetic resonance (pedal down samples).
- Thumps samples and Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- Custom Kontakt interface that lets you modify the response of the piano as well as its tone and the volume of the releases and the pedal.
- Ability to save polyphony by enabling / disabling each position.
There is also the Lite version that has less features:
- 4 "pedal up" layers; 4 "pedal down" layers; 4 release samples per note.
- Only one microphone position - the player one.
Pricing & Availability
Kontakt 3+ is required. The Pro version costs €89; the Lite version costs €59. Upgrade from Lite to Pro costs €59.
Viewers of this article also read...
- J Custom MIDI Auto-Harmonizerdelete J has released Custom MIDI Auto-Harmonizer, a new tool designed to allow you to generate harmonized notes in real time, according to the scale specified by the played chord.
- Antares Systems Harmony EFX Antares Audio Technologies has announced the upcoming availability of Harmony EFX, a streamlined version of Antares' Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator.
- discoDSP Vertigo for Mac discoDSP has announced that Vertigo for Mac has been released and can be purchased now for €75 / $99.