[Musikmesse] Toontrack introduces EZdrummer 2
This is a long-awaited and major update that Toontrack unveils today at Musikmesse 2014, and it concerns its EZdrummer virtual drums.
8 years after the release of the first version, EZdrummer receives in this version 2 many new features and sounds, some being very innovative.
Here is a resume of what you will find in EZdrummer 2:
- 2 Vintage and Modern kits as well as a selection of percussions
- Modern library with elements from the DW Collector’s Maple, Gretsch USA Custom, Yamaha 9000, Ludwig Sonor, Tama and Brady drums, all recorded through Neve 88R and EMI TG12345 consoles with modern and vintage gear
- Vintage library based on two Ludwig 1960s and VIstalite kits recorded through a REDD 5.1 console
- 9 kicks with variations
- 6 snares with variations
- 3 hi-hats
- 10 crash cymbals
- 3 ride cymbals
- 3 percussion categories: one shots, shakers and tambourines ; 11 percussions in total
- Improved loading times
- Real time sample rate conversion
- Multiple Hits Emulation (MHE) technology for the hit sequencing
- Enhanced flexibility with the ability to use separate elements from the EZX libraries
- Improved MIDI groove search and sorting (you can now enter manually a groove and EZdrummer 2 will sort in the library the matching grooves)
Note that for this second version, the EZX complementary libraries have also been updated, with new GUIs and presets. Updates for theses libraries will be available for free from your user area as soon as you upgrade to EZdrummer 2. New users will have the ability to download the v1 libraries and MIDI files in a separate pack.
EZdrummer 2 will be available this Spring for the street price of $149 / 129€, upgrade from v1 is $89 / 69€.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Review "It would be ideal if UAD offered a less expensive Apollo with only two mic preamps," we wrote in our review of the first Apollo almost two years ago, and also, "Given the choice of transparent-sounding preamps, it would be no surprise to find vintage preamp emulations in the future. Just wait and see." The time has come now to welcome the Apollo Twin
- [Musikmesse] New Akai MPC unveiled Akai renews its APC series of controllers for Ableton Live with the second version of the APC40, the APC Mini and the APC Key 25.
- [Musikmesse] M-Audio updates its Keystations M-Audio will introduce tomorrow at Musikmesse the updated 2014 edition of its Keystation MIDI keyboard controllers.