Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

Virtual Drum/Percussion from Toontrack belonging to the Superior Drummer series.

James... James...

« Simply the best drums vsti out now »

Publié le 08/03/11 à 12:19
Install is literally a snap. You choose how big you want to go. The core sounds are roughly 3gb or so but there's a lot more if you want to include all the ambient mics and such. That's really all you have to do. Simply open up your software DAW and get going. Now I have heard people say they have to calibrate Superior for performance on some systems but I have a very capable desktop so it ran fine without any haggling. Load time is fast as lightning. I never experience any slow down.

Learning the program itself can be intimidating even for past toontrack users. The interface has been totally revamped and there's a few different features as far as midi and velocity settings go. You don't have to get in depth with the functions to use it, but it helps to really read the manual or at least watch some videos on it. I use an axiom 25 with Superior most of the time and there are a few things I did to improve things after reading the manual.

I am what you would call a mid-level user. Not a drummer, but I know a lot about Superior. I use it in the studio only. For tracking drums for full songs. Performance is flawless. Never a hiccup. Very stable. I've been using it for a long time now. It does what I need and sounds great. The samples are amazing.

I have to say, while the vsti itself is much improved in look and feel from the old toontrack stuff, the biggest positive here are the samples. They're just great. I don't think any other vsti can compare. The price, considering what you get is appropriate. I definitely recommend it if you need a way to get pro drums tracks in the studio.