Witech has announced the release of version 1.0 of TheDrumSource, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
TheDrumSource is a sample based drum machine. It has a sequencer and a built in sample browser. It is designed to look and "feel" like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine.
The built-in sample browser in TheDrumsource is designed to let you navigate through your samples. The sequencer can be running when looking for new samples. You will hear the sample the moment you select it. There is also a quick button to select the previous and next sample in the same directory as the current selected sample.
- Built-in sample browser. TheDrumSource's functions are still available while browsing.
- Built-in sequencer that has 24 sequences for your patterns. The patterns are of the 16-step bar type.
- Support for various sample formats (including 24 bit samples): WAV, AIFF, AIFC, AU, SND, RAW, PAF, IFF, SVX, SF, VOC, W64, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SD2, FLAC, OGG.
- A GUI that can be resized to suit you screen.
- Buttons to change the next and previous sample in current directory of the selected sample.
- A stereo output channel for each drum. A mode to mix down all channels temporarily into one stereo channel for tests.
- The SYNC mode. The sequencer is synced by the host (DAW) and you control which of the 24 track to be played with MIDI (octave 2 and 3).
- The MIDI mode. The samples can be played through MIDI keyboard (octave 1) with the sequencer turned off.
- The RUN mode. Lets you play around with the TheDrumsource sequencer when your host (DAW) is not running.
- Interface: TheDrumsource uses context menus.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 1+1=3 at SPL SPL is launching a promotion - if you buy two Analog Code plugins, you'll get one for free.
- Heptode Virtual Deep Crunch & Heavy Tone Heptode has announced the release of the Mac OS X Universal Binary versions of its Virtual Deep Crunch and Virtual Heavy Tone free VST effect plug-ins.
- WOK Ratchit WOK has released Ratchit, a VST MIDI plugin that automatically repeats incoming MIDI notes synced to the host clock.