IK Multimedia Releases VocaLive for iPad
IK Multimedia announces that VocaLive, the performing and recording vocal processor for iOS, is now available as an iPad app for download from the iTunes App Store.
VocaLive for iPad takes the processing app for the iPhone and iPod touch and adds a fourth effect slot to the signal processing chain, and two of those effect slots can hold the specific "vocal effects" compared to just one vocal effect per chain on the iPhone version. The preset browser is also available in the main window of the interface. The Favourites section has been expanded from 4 to 40 in the iPad version utilizing a new bank button. Favourites put presets right in the bottom panel on large buttons for loading of the artist's most-used settings.
VocaLive can be used on stage or a mobile studio location with IK's iRig MIC, the handheld condenser microphone for iPad. The iRig MIC's Dual mini-jack connector allows monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers and PAs.
The included audio recorder of VocaLive for iPad can be expanded to an 8-track mobile studio with volume, pan, insert effects and two send levels for each track along with a master effects section with with Reverb, Chorus and Delay for track sends, and a global parametric EQ and compressor for final mastering. You can use the "Apply FX" feature to change the sound of your recorded vocals and instruments without having to re-record them.
VocaLive provides vocalists with a suite of 12 vocal effects. The effects can be combined into a chain of four processors and saved as presets. A collection of 50 factory Presets is included. User presets can be stored, and their number is limited only by the available memory of the iPad itself.
VocaLive includes 5 Vocal Effects - Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (an X-Y pitch and formant shifter that changes the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending), De-Esser, and Double (Double effect gets unlocked by registering) - along with 7 Studio Effects - Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter.
VocaLive provides the ability to sing along with favourite songs from the user's iTunes library (with a Voice Cancel feature for practising over songs with existing vocals) and also perform vocal warm-up exercises with the included Vocal Tools.
- Real-time vocal processor + recording app
- 4-processor vocal effects chain
- 12 vocal effects
- Single-track Recorder expandable to an 8-track recording studio available for in-app purchase
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks from your iPod library or computer
- Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
- 50 factory Presets included with 40 Favourites for fast recall
- Number of user Presets limited by device memory
- Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
- Free version also available
Pricing & Availability:
VocaLive for iPad is now available from the iTunes App Store for $19.99/€15.99.
A free, expandable version is also available that allows the user to purchase the individual effects a-la-carte inside the app. Vocal Effects cost $4.99/€3.99 each, and Studio Effects cost $2.99/€2.39 each. The 8-Track Recorder for both the Free and Full versions costs $14.99/€11.99.
iRig MIC, the condenser microphone for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad designed to be used with VocaLive costs $59.99/€49.99.
For more information on VocaLive and iRig MIC with audio and video demos, visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/vocaliveipad
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tek'it Audio Anniversary Bundle Tek’it Audio has announced the release of its Anniversary Bundle.
- Xenobioz Dulcet Xenobioz has released Dulcet, a free delay based physical modeled synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
- reKon VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor v1.2.0 reKon audio has updated its VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor, a real-time MIDI synth editor that allows you control of sound parameters on the Roland Juno-106 synthesizer.