Cinematique Instruments Bowed Guitars
As the name suggests, Bowed Guitars is a collection of acoustic guitar and acoustic bass instruments played exclusively with a bow.
By playing these instruments this way, you´ll get a special and unique string sound, the company says: intimate and intensive with slight organic scraping. The bass is available as an amped or a clean version. CI used a Martin acoustic guitar and a Harley Benton acoustic bass.
For each instrument, Cinematique Instruments recorded every note in a short, long and tremolo variation in at least 2 Round Robin variations. The long and short notes are key switched in one patch (not in the amped bass version), in which you can control either the dynamic or the attack by using the modwheel. You also get scriptings for each instrument providing a lot of variations such as length of release, amp simulation, reverb amount etc.
Summary of all 13 patches:
Bowed Acoustic Guitar:
- Bowed Ac Guit long MW KEY (both short and long notes)
- Bowed Ac Guit shrt MW ARP(short notes, additional arp)
- Bowed Ac Guit trem (tremolo notes)
Bowed Acoustic Bass:
- Bowed Ac Bass long MW KEY (both short and long notes)
- Bowed Ac Bass shrt MW ARP (short notes, additional arp)
- Bowed Ac Bass trem (tremolo notes)
Bowed Acoustic Bass, amped:
- Bowed Ac Bass amped long MW (long notes)
- Bowed Ac Bass amped short (short notes)
- Bowed Ac Bass amped trem (tremolo notes)
- Bowed Ac Bass amped rls (just relase notes, fx)
- Bowed Ac Ens long (long notes)
- Bowed Ac Ens shrt (short notes)
- Bowed Ac Ens gated (long notes)
Kontakt 3 or higher is required.
Pricing is €27.
Visit www.cinematique-instruments.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.