MusicLab RealEight virtual 8-string guitar
MusicLab completes its Real series of guitar plug-ins with a new sample-based 8-string model designed for rock and metal.
With RealEight, MusicLab gives you the ability to create with your MIDI keyboard or a real guitar connected to a MIDI interface, rhythms, riffs and even bass parts for your rock or metal compositions. And in bonus, MusicLab provides the IK Multimedia AmpliTube Custom Shop so that you can instantly use the RealEight guitar with amps and effects.
RealEight benefits from the tone/pedal/velocity change system and covers a wide range of playing techniques and articulations, such as mute, harmonics, slides, scrapes and more. All the sounds have been multi-sampled in 24-bit with a dry sound captured from the guitar pickups.
- Full note recording with attack and sustain
- 30+ sounds and effects (harmonics, fret/release/pick noises, mutes, violining, sustainer, harmonic feedback, wah-wah via MIDI CC, auto and automation control)
- Articulations/techniques: up and down strum, hammer-on, pull-off, legato, taping, legato slide, tremolo, trill, auto bend, reverse auto bend, monobend (unison), chucka-chucka, adjustable attack and release, adjustable strumming speed
- Humanization settings: pick position, resonance, random mutes, attack, stroke, strum and tremolo/trill times, velocity and pitch
- Up to 31 effects assigned to keys/pedals/velocity
- Keyswitches with custom presets
- Toggle/Temporary switch modes
- 12 effects to be assigned to modulation wheel
- Play on 24 frets and 8 strings for a total of 5 octaves
- Double Track and Quad Track patches usable from a single MIDI input
- Drop B
- Bass mode with lower tuning
- Floating Fret Position technology that imitates the hand position change on the neck, with the ability to get up 200 frets with a standard 60-note keyboard
- MIDI Guitar mode
- IK Multimedia AmpliTube Custom Shop included
RealRight is a VST 2/3, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. It is available for $149 at www.musiclab.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Native Instruments offer on the Komplete series Native Instruments has launched a deal for Komplete users who haven’t purchased their Kontrol S keyboard yet.
- Audio Damage Odio release and promotion Audio Damage announced the release of its Odio Eurorack USB audio interface as well as a special flash sale on its virtual instruments and effects.
- The AMPLIFi Remote on the Apple Watch Line 6 released version 2.11 of its remote app for AMPLIFI amps on the iPhone in order to add Apple Watch support.