Odo has released Double Six XXL, a new and expanded version of the 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms.
- 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms.
- Every operator has its own envelope. You can choose between 1 and 8 stages and set the sustain point from 1 to 7 or off.
- Every operator has a clipper, overdrive, lowpass filter and a distortion.
- 2 octave sequencers with Destinations operator 1 to 6.
- 4 envelopes with retrigger mode on BPM rates.
- 3 LFOs with 19 different waveforms with 16 different BPM rates and free rate (manual) mode. Destinations of the LFOs are pitch operator 1 to 6, phase modulation 1 to 6 and cutoff.
- The LFOs can start free (any point of the LFO waveform), gated starts when you hit a key or first (starts when you hit play in the sequencer).
- An octave pitch.
- 14 different curves for the envelopes. All envelopes have a time knob. You can switch between the envelope and volume.
- The operators can be disabled, fixed or pitched and have a octave range from –6 to 3, fine-tune and pulse width.
- 11 different waveforms for the operators.
- The filter has the same envelope and there are 10 different filters types low-pass 12db, low-pass 24db, low-pass db32, hi-pass, band-pass, CK low pass, CK Band pass, CK hi pass, CK notch and CK peak.
- Volume envelope.
- EZ preset: This allows you make new sounds fast. You can reset all fine-tunes with the hit of a button or change all waveforms, set all the octaves the same and the times of the envelopes.
- Phase modulation depth control and a feedback control.
- Volume envelope.
- Note sequencer.
- Build in effects are Chorus, stereo delay, gater, clipper, overdrive, distortion and phaser effects.
- Velocity controls.
- Voice/poly control.
Pricing & Availability
Double Six XXL is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows as Donationware. If you donated to Odo before 15th May, 2009, you will receive it for free.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.