Steinberg Padshop Pro
Steinberg Media Technologies released the Padshop Pro granular synthesizer.
Steinberg first released a basic version of Padshop in February of this year with the larger Padshop Pro already planned for professionals to delve deeper into the possibilities of granular synthesis, according to the company.
Padshop Pro delivers two individual tiers in granular textures that are mixed and processed with a dozen filters, modulation and delay effects. Each layer consists of one oscillator for generating up to eight grain streams with parameters, two LFOs that offer a choice of six wave shapes and two ADSR envelopes that can be applied to various sound parameters.
Offering more effects and more presets than in the basic version, Padshop Pro features a 3-band parametric EQ on each layer, the algorithmic reverb with dedicated equalization and 50 additional presets. Also included are sample import for user customizable sounds as well as VST backward compatibility and AU support.
Padshop Pro is available as full retail version alongside two upgrades from the basic Padshop version. Both the retail version and the upgrade bundle include the Zero Gravity expansion pack. This comprises an additional 250 presets plus a new SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 specially selected samples.
Features at a glance:
- Granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers and individual oscillator, edit and FX sections
- Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for structures
- User interface for usability and direct accessibility
- 450 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures
- SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks
- Sample import via drag-and-drop for sound design projects and custom presets
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support
- 12 different filter types for each layer
- Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
- Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide
- FX section with modulation and delay effects
- 3-band parametric EQ per layer
- Algorithmic reverb
- Zero Gravity VST Sound Instrument Set with 250 new presets and an additional SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 new samples (included in retail and upgrade bundle versions)
- VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support
Availability & Pricing:
Padshop Pro is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 79.99, including German VAT, and GBP 67.76, including British VAT.
The basic Padshop Pro upgrade from Padshop is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 9.99, including German VAT, and GBP 8.46, including British VAT.
The Padshop Pro upgrade bundle from Padshop, including the Zero Gravity expansion pack, is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 34.99, including German VAT, and GBP 29.64, including British VAT.
The Zero Gravity expansion pack is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 29.99, including German VAT, and GBP 25.40, including British VAT.
Visit www.steinberg.net for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Robot Planet BattleComp Vintage Mac OS X Robot Planet has released a Mac OS X VST version of the free "BattleComp Vintage" compressor plug-in.
- Cableguys MidiShaper v1.2 Cableguys has announced the release of MIDIShaper 1.2 Public Beta.
- Softrave Vintage Analog Filter Softrave has released Vintage Analog Filter, a new VST effect plug-in for Windows.