HG Fortune Altair 4
This SciFi Sounds Lab is designed for use in soundtracks for movies or games in the genres of SciFi, Suspense, Horror, Fantasy and alike needing special, spacey, wobbly FX sounds.
This is also an hommage to the movie 'Forbidden Planet' from 1956 being the first movie with a complete electronic soundtrack using sounds that could have been done with this plugin, according to its makers.
Altair 4 Pro - Main features:
- 2 oscillators with two soundsources with one (B) driving the other (A) to resonate;
- Each oscillator with three mod inputs and control options
- 3 LFO: L1 (7 waves) with key restart on first key pressed, L2 (8 waves) and phase modulation,
- L3 (7 waves) with optional modulation by sub LFO;
- 2 hidden LFO: L12 = mix of L1 and L2, L13 = mix of L1 and L3;
- 1 Sample & Hold (6 modes);
- 1 VCA with AR EG (with pan for undelayed sound at Rev section);
- 1 Main Volume with level control: fixed, Velocity, and even Aftertouch, or Wheel;
- 1 Delay (bpm synced) and dedicated pan
- 1 Bass Boost
- 1 Reverb with predelay
- 1 Hold button to hold last played key
- 1 Joypad with 3 balls to control 6 destinations
- 8 Voices
- 256 Patches (2 Banks)
Pricing & Availability
30% off introductionary offer until May, 15th 2011.
€19 - regular price after May, 15th 2011 will be €29.
A last public beta is available for free and is the same as the Pro version with a less detailed GUI, 3 voices instead of 8, and the internal patchbank is not filled up completely.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha i-MX1 Yamaha introduced the i-MX1 at MusikMesse - a MIDI interface that‘s connected to the Apple iPad and offers possibilities to control MIDI equipment.
- Torpedo PI-101 VST/AU Available Two Notes' Torpedo PI-101 VST/AU is now available.
- Native Instruments Session Strings Review String sections from John Williams or Hans Zimmer are pretty nice but they don't sound very rock 'n' roll. So we are very happy to welcome Native Instruments' Session Strings — a string section for Kontakt that is original in several aspects...