Tone2 unveils Electra2
Tone2 is planning to release the Electra2 virtual synth, which will replace ElectraX, but you’ll have to wait later this summer.
Tone2 did not detailed all the new features yet, but they already gave us some very interesting information. Here is what we know about Electra2 so far:
- New GUI
- Physical modeling synthesis
- 16 new effects: Smart Unison, Phaser FB (phaser with feedback), Phaser Stereo, Vibrato, Vibrato Stereo, Tremolo, Tremolo Stereo, Reverb Infinity, Reverb Big, Reverb Glass, Reverb Band, Reverb Real, Loudness and Bass Boost
- 5 new filters:
- Vocal AM: a vocal filter with amplitude modulation
- Vocals 2: a vocal filter which cutoff controls the vocals and the resonance the formant frequencies
- LP AM: low-pass filter with amplitude modulation
- BP Boobs: dual band-pass filter which resonance controls the peak distance
- M Shape: low-pass and high-pass in series which resonance controls the bandwidth
- Sample Editor with 25 edit options
- 500 additional patches
- Revamped original patches
- Built-in patch browser
- Retro-compatible with ElectraX
Electra2 should be available in a couple of months ; pricing of the full licence and upgrade are still to be announced, but if you purchased ElectraX in May or order it now and until the release of the new version, you get a grace period and will receive the upgrade for free.
Following are the first pictures of Electra2:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Realivox Blue is available Realitone finally launched its Realivox Blue virtual singer for Kontakt, available with a special introductory price.
- Molten Voltage introduces the Tempode pedal Tempode, the new pedal from Molten Voltage, sits in your pedalboard to generate a MIDI Clock signal in order to sync your stompboxes.
- Flow, advanced flanger plug-in for Mac Sinevibes, Mac OS X-dedicated plug-in developer, introduces Flow, a flanger effect with advanced sound tweaking capacities.