Arturia launches the iSEM synth on iPad
iPad users can now download the iSEM app by Arturia, which is a reproduction of the Oberheim SEM synthesizer.
iSEM reproduces the architecture of the 1974 original synth and can generate a large variety of sounds, including the bass sounds that made SEM famous. Arturia also added its touch with the inclusion of additional features such as a new LFO, an arpeggiator, portamento and more.
The app ships with a more than 500 sound library and if you also own the Arturia SEM V plug-in, you can import and export sounds between the app and the desktop virtual synth.
- 2 oscillators, each with sawtooth waveform and PWM with variable width pulse
- LFO with sine wave
- 12dB/octave multimode filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch
- 2 ADS envelope generators
- New LFO
- Sub oscillator
- 8 voice polyphonic playability with programmer module that allows each voice to have different settings
- HOLD and CHORD modes
- Virtual Analog chorus and delay
- Full user MIDI mapping of panel controls
- Supports WIST sync to other iOS devices
- Supports AudioBus and Apple’s Inter-App Audio connectivity (requires iOS7)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Apple Logic Pro X Review The time has finally come for the new Logic Pro version. It was almost four years without a major update, many were doubtful that it might ever see the light of day and even ventured it would disappear. The software has arrived. Should we be happy or not? Here are some answers.
- Voxengo LF Max Punch updated to v1.5 Voxengo released the v1.5 update for its LF Max Punch low-end processing plug-in, with three main new features.
- Toontrack adds MIDI Ballads to EZkeys Toontrack completes its MIDI collection for its EZkeys virtual piano with ballad-genre phrases.