Korg Gadget v1.0.2 and Remix Contest
Korg has updated its Gadget multi-synth app to version 1.0.2 and launches a remix contest in partnership with SoundCloud.
Version 1.0.2 (code name Milpitas) of Gadget adds the following:
- Audiobus support (iPad Air/iPad mini Retina recommended)
- Increased maximum bar length of clip from 8 bar to 16 bar
- Automation parameter edit support without real-time recording
- Arrange tracks
- Track number support
- Improved auto-naming function when creating a new song
- Improved drawing capability
- Auto scroll sequencer when dragging notes toward the edges of screen
- Easier to change note length at the right edge of screen
- You can now move and edit multiple notes together while maintaining their relative pitch
- Reduce to one action to access parameters such as bar length
- Refined “Hybrid Design“ with UI/UX experts
- Optimized design with Function along with streamlined iOS 7 design
- Improved animation when loading a song
- GadgetCloud website version open (www.korg.com/gadgetcloud)
- Display update date of top chart
- Activity tab support to show your activity. Notifications now inform you when your track is liked / you are followed, etc.
- You can now add tags when uploading to SoundCloud
Korg also partnered with SoundCloud to launch an international contest for which Gadget users must send a remixed track to the GadgetCloud, with a choice of 4 songs available directly from the app (click the icon on the upper left corner and then Open):
- “Gadget World Tour”(SoundCloud Widget )
- “The Body & Soul”(SoundCloud Widget )
- “Our Cities”(SoundCloud Widget )
- “Shape Down”(SoundCloud Widget )
To submit your remixes:
- Click on the icon at the upper left corner and then click Export
- Select “GadgetCloud” in the menu
- Enter “GadgetContest” in the Tag field. Don’t change the name of the track and remove numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 added to each song
- Send the file to GadgetCloud
- When completed the transfer, your remix will be linked via the Korg App SoundCloud feature and will appear a few days later in the GadgetCloud tab
Limit date to send your remix files is March 31st. 10 laureates will be announced mid-April and will receive Korg products and/or SoundCloud subscriptions. The grand winner will receive a Korg Taktile MIDI keyboard controller as well as the full series of Volca mini-synth.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Free Boscomac Bit Torsion for Reaktor Though the publication pace has slowed down, Boscomac is still working and introduces today Bit Torsion.
- Liquid Notes for Live v1 is out After several weeks in beta version, Liquid Notes for Live v1 is now available for the users of the Ableton DAW.
- Organic Drum Kit, a WAV and Maschine library The Producers Choice released the Organic Drum Kit, a drum library in Maschine and WAV formats for universal use.